Are you aware that the Book of Revelation is supposed to make you HAPPY! 😁😂😅
Yep, this is the happy Gospel of Jesus Christ – to ALL men! How then did it become a book of fear and terror, death and destruction, punishment and torment, and then happily ever after? Most believers don’t even want to read it because they are afraid of it. This does not actually surprise me because some of the imagery is fearful if read from this one-dimensional realm called earth.
But I no longer believe this is about fearful end time events that are coming upon the earth. Let me tell you why.
- The kingdom of heaven is WITHIN YOU and not on earth. (Lk 17:21)
- Jesus said His kingdom is NOT of this world, if it were His followers would pick up swords and spears and fight. (Jn 18:36)
- Our fight is NOT against flesh and blood (humanity) but against principalities, powers, rulers of darkness and spiritual wickedness in heavenly places – this is where these fearful looking things dwell, not on earth. (Eph 6:10-12)
- Jesus has ALREADY overcome sin and death. He no longer operates through the law of sin and death that came through Moses (10 commandments plus all the rest), but through the law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus which is the law of grace and truth. Our “war” is to establish His Kingdom, which is righteousness, joy and peace, on earth. On earth means WITHIN YOU. We are the ones “one earth” that have been called to establish the law of grace and truth, not sin and death. (Jn 1:17)
- We have already died so there is no “coming death.” In Christ ALL (that includes unbelievers) have been MADE ALIVE. However, not everyone has come to the place of partaking of this reality. Some people are still sitting in the darkness of “not knowing” the truth concerning their possession, right and inheritance in Christ. They are still under the influence and control of the principalities and rulers of darkness in the heavenly realms – which are in the “soul” of humanity. (1 Cor 15:22; Eph 2:1-2; 2 Cor 4:4)
- We are called to tear down imaginations, high things and every thought that exalts itself against the knowledge of God. Where do we do this – in the mind, or the soul. The “images” or “imaginations” that we see in the Book of Revelation are descriptions of the imaginations of men, the high things (principalities and powers), and the thoughts of this world which contradict the knowledge of God, which again, is within us. (2 Cor 10:5; Rom 12:1-2)
- The kingdoms of this world HAVE become the kingdoms of our God and of His rulership and the increase of His government there shall be no end. In other words, things are going to get BETTER here on earth, not worse!!!!! (Rev 11:15)
- You are in Christ and He is NOT of this world but from above. So are you. (Jn 8:23)
- Christ DIED for the UNGODLY! How can we then think that He is coming back to destroy them with the very spirit of death that He overcame at the cross? Is He really going to use death to enforce His victory on earth! No, heaven forbid, No! He is going to win this war through love and grace and peace. (Rom 5)
- The God of PEACE shall soon crush Satan underneath our feet! It is God’s peace, not anger, that will bring about His victory over Satan. (Phil 4:9)
- We are commanded to think on things that are of a GOOD report, which means that EVERYTHING about Jesus revealing Himself is A GOOD REPORT for all men! We should be thinking from the position of things ABOVE and not things on earth, where Christ is seated at the right hand of the Father. (Phil 4:4; Col 2:3)
- Every good and perfect gift comes from the Father and He does not go dishing out demons of destruction! (Jam 1:17; Lk 11:11)
I could go on and on. The truth is that GOD is GOOD all the time and He is good to ALL humanity, ALL the time. Let’s not fall into the trap of isolating the Book of Revelation from the rest of the teachings of the New Testament.
Let me leave you with the following thoughts from James. (Jam 3:17-18 TPT)
But wisdom from above is always pure, filled with peace, considerate and teachable. It is filled with love and never displays prejudice or hypocrisy in any form and it always bears the beautiful harvest of righteousness! God’s seeds of wisdom’s fruit will be planted with peaceful acts by those who cherish making peace.
To our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ, who is the power of God and the wisdom of God! (1 Cor 1:24)
Lots of love. 💖
PLEASE SUBSCRIBE, like, comment and share. 🤗