In this year I guarantee you that someone will strike you on your cheek. Maybe not physically, but mentally and spiritually you will be challenged.
The thing to remember is that you are not of this world. You belong to the kingdom of your Father and His desire is for you to grow up and become a mature son/daughter of His. This means you are going to undergo some spiritual martial arts training. He wants His kingdom manifest through you to the principalities and powers ruling over this world. You are not human! You are spirit. You are not just spirit either; you are a spirit of God. You are a child of God. You are an alien walking on this planet and your Father does not want you behaving like one of the ungodly.
Spiritual martial arts classes have been decreed for you! 😄
One of the characteristics that identify you as a child of God is that of being a peacemaker. Many Christians want to be powerful and do stuff on earth and in the kingdom without having the nature or character of Christ. Being a peacemaker is a very powerful place to be, not for the person that will confront you, but for you. All of creation is crying out and waiting for you to be manifest as a son/daughter of God. And they need you to do this BEFORE you leave the planet!
However, God is first and foremost going to deal with your character and someone is coming along to coach you and will slap you on the cheek. The question is, are you going to strike back or turn the other cheek. You will also not know who this coach is going to be. They will come unannounced, unexpected and for the most part unaware that they are in the will of God concerning you.
Here are some spiritual martial arts disciplines in God’s program:
- Submit to those in authority over you (your boss, husband/wife, government) even if they are harsh and unjust for this is beneficial for YOU as it causes YOU to become Christ-like. (1 Peter 2:18-22)
- When people hurl insults at you do not retaliate or fight (shout and cuss) back. Shut up. Don’t say a word. Don’t give Satan an opportunity to engage you. (1 Peter 2:23-24)
- Do not get angry or raise your voice to another. (Eph 4:26; Col 3:8)
- Be self-controlled. (2 Peter 1:6)
- Recognise your enemy. (Eph 6:12)
- Set up the Lordship of Christ in your heart – your inner thoughts and conversations. (1 Peter 3:15)
- God has given me grace to speak a warning about pride. I would ask each of you to be emptied of self-promotion and not create a false image of your importance. Instead, honestly assess your worth by using your God-given faith as the standard of measurement, and then you will see your true value with an appropriate self-esteem. (Rom 12:3)
- Pray for your opponent (Mat 5:44)
- Forgive your opponent (Mat 18:22)
There are many more disciplines, but you need to learn these before you move to the next level.
Practice your spiritual martial arts over the weekend and I will continue the coaching sessions next week.
Love and blessing
The war between the saints and the ungodly is increasing. Thank you for subscribing. If you have not subscribed (link below the blog), please consider doing so. It’s free and it will keep you connected and encouraged. As FB algorithms and other controls become more censored it may become more difficult for the saints to communicate with each other. If you have not liked the FB page, PLEASE do so, as it helps increase our connectivity with others so that they are also encouraged in their walk with the Lord.